Thursday, June 16, 2005

procrastination station

Howdy, all you kids out there in TV land (er, computer-monitor land), and welcome to the very first post of pull my moustache!, the magical blog of Ryan Dergousoff. I started this thing a couple of weeks ago, but didn't feel like i had anything important to write. But now i have something important to put off (my final project of my computer animation program) so i figger, what better time to start than now. So anyway, for any of you wondering what i'm up to these days, i'm nearing the end of my one year computer animation program at van arts, full swing (or at least close to it) into my final animation project. My daily schedule is basically as follows: wake up at 7, turn off my alarm, fall asleep, wake up just before 8, get up, rush to get ready, walk to school (about 40 minutes), get to school about 5 minutes late, classes till 4, stay at school till 9 or 10, go home, spend a little time with the lovely wife, watch some cartoons on the computer, go to sleep. Saturday's a little more open, Sunday's my day of rest. Animation and all that is fun, but my schedule isn't always.... So that brings me to today, national procrastination day. In order to get further behind on my production schedule, i skipped class this afternoon and caught a showing of Howl's Moving Castle, the enchanting, imaginitive tale of, um, i don't know what. I have to say, i was a little disappointed. Sure, it had all the imagination and eye candy you might expect from a Miyazaki film, but the story just didn't capture me. It was worth it to see Howl's Castle, uh, moving, but in my opinion it doesn't quite reach the standard set by Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke or Castle In The Sky. And of course the MPAA and studios are doing their best to ruin the movie for the audience. I'm seeing this mess on almost every movie i go to lately. No wonder people are going to the movies less and less. So then i came back to school and spent some time listening to the drunken louts gathering outside for the BC Lions game across the street. What's the deal with sports; they seem to bring out the obnoxious drunk inside everyone.

So really, i should try and get some work done. Check back in the future for (hopefully) regular updates on the goings-on in my life, my thoughts on animation, movies, and anything else i might feel is worth writing about for you all to read. Hopefully i'll be able to put up some drawings when i figure out how and have anything decent to share.
Later, all

ryan

No comments: